Not updated for 2017-18 school year.
VOLUNTEER: We are currently accepting nominations for the School Advisory Council (SAC) team!! If you have an interest, please complete the self-nomination form and return it to Jennie King (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the meantime, if you have any thoughts, comments or concerns, please contact SAC Chair Jennie King or your grade level representative.
- Kindergarten – Christie McGrath
- 1st grade – Deb Larsen
- 2nd grade – Erin Krawiec
- 3rd grade – Lori Otto Punke
- 4th grade – Martha Brant
- 5th grade – Stephanie Parmenter
Purpose: The Principal and parent members have a partnership whose purpose is to support the learning process. We will use continuous quality improvement practices to help evaluate and improve Lakeridge Elementary school. Parent members support the Principal by communicating to SAC ideas and concerns from the Lakeridge community. Likewise, the Principal identifies and shares key issues with SAC, and after discussion, members are expected to share their educated points of view with the Lakeridge community.
SAC goals include:
- Evaluate annually the Educational Effectiveness Survey (EES) data.
- Provide parent input into the School Improvement Plan.
- Promote the MISD’s 20/20 vision.
- Endeavor to improve and maintain a collaborative and collegial relationship between families and teachers.
- Advocate for Lakeridge within the larger community.
Membership and Selection:
The School Advisory Council (SAC) will optimally consist of 18-22 members comprised of:
- The Lakeridge Principal.
- Parents representing each grade level and the Spectrum Program.
- Ideally, one parent will represent a family new to Lakeridge with oldest child enrolled in Kindergarten. This parent may be nominated in the Fall.
- PTA representative.
- A School Board member.
- 2-3 Students, nominated by Student Council.