There are many ways to volunteer and new volunteers are always welcome. Volunteering is a great way to meet people and learn more about the school, and can work to fit with busy schedules.
If you are interested in helping with these events, sign up at the welcome coffee on the first day of school or email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the contact emails below.
If interested in helping with events below, please email programs@lakeridgePTA.org
- Picture Day (September)- A fun day to see all the kids come through and get their picture taken. You help comb their hair, keep them in line, and help them smile, if needed.
- Bicycle Rodeo (Fall) – This is a morning event for the 3rd graders. They learn all the essentials about how to ride their bikes safely to school.
- Hearing & Vision Testing (Oct or Nov) – The school offers a screening for eye and hearing. This is like picture day when you get to see all the kids come through and they are so darn cute.
- Library Aides (Monthly or weekly or bi-weekly – whatever works in your schedule) – Generally, you won’t know your child’s library schedule until after school starts, but if it works, you come in and help the kids check out books and shelve returned books and listen to some of the fun stories that our librarian reads to the kids. Highly recommended! You also can work at the scholastic book fair that is held in the spring for one week.
- Staff Appreciation (Ongoing) – This is such a critical job. Our awesome Lakeridge school staff works so hard that we actually have a dedicated Staff Appreciation position within the PTA who works just as hard to create lots of special moments for our hardworking teachers and staff. If you are a good cook, baker or just like to make stuff, we’ll need your yummy dishes all year round for the various events we provide.
- Copy Corp (Ongoing) – As part of the Copy Corp team, you will help in the workroom making copies needed by teachers and staff for use in the classroom. You choose the day of week you prefer to work and the time is flexible based on your schedule. The time commitment is 1.5-2 hours per week. You will be trained on how to use the copy machine, how you know what to copy and who to ask if you have questions.
Community Building Events
If interested in helping, please email community@lakeridgePTA.org
- Fall Family Picnic (Sept) – bouncy houses, face painting, music, pizza, games, etc. Sign ups links available on the event in the Lakeridge calendar.
- Fall Pancake Breakfast (Nov) – Come have breakfast with your friends and teachers before school. Pancakes, bacon, fruit and of course coffee for the parents.
- International Night (Feb) – Set up a booth, share ethnic food, cultural traditions, and interesting facts about where your or your family comes from. We have so many countries represented. There’s music and tasty food. This is a fan favorite.
- Family Bingo Night (March) – Kids come at night and play bingo and win prizes. A great tradition at Lakeridge!
- Parent Night Out Social (May) – Find a sitter and enjoy a night out (typically at the Beach Club) getting to know other parents and enjoying the beautiful view of Mt. Rainier (hopefully).
- New Families Outreach (Ongoing) – We are working to improve our outreach to new families. If you are a new family and have questions or suggestions on how we can help incorporate new families to the community, let us know!
- Parent Edge (Ongoing) – We have a fantastic team of parents that work hard to bring relevant speakers to Mercer Island’s community to share insights and stories that are near and dear to us. Most of the events are sold out!
- Parent Clubs – (examples: running club, book club, knitting club, etc.)
- SEED -Specialized Education & Excellence for Different Learners
If interested, please email enrichment@lakeridgePTA.org
- Reflections Art Contest (Fall)
- Walkers Club (Quarterly) – Kids do ‘laps’ around the school and parents keep track of how many they do and then hand out prizes as they complete a certain amount of laps. It’s a fun way to see the kids at recess.
- Science Fair (Spring)
- Fine Arts Showcase (Spring)
- Enrichment Clubs (Ongoing)
- STEM Enrichment (Ongoing)
- Chess Club (Ongoing)
If interested, please email fundraising@lakeridgePTA.org
- Island Book Night (Nov)
- Spirit Wear (Ongoing)
Box Tops Marketing (ongoing)
Support the Birthday Books Program in the school Library (ongoing)
Amazon Smile Marketing (ongoing)
If interested, please email greenteam@lakeridgePTA.org
- Earth Week (Spring)
- King County Green School Program (Ongoing)
- Garden Club (Ongoing)
If interested, please email, communications@lakeridgePTA.org
- Website (Ongoing)
- Directory (Ongoing)
If interested, please email advocacy@lakeridgePTA.org
- Legislative Assembly
- Focus Day
5th Grade Events
If interested, email 5thgrade@lakeridgePTA.org
- 5th Grade Camp (Fall)
- 5th Grade Musical (Feb or March)
- 5th Grade Giving Committee
- 5th Grade Sweatshirts (April)
- 5th Grade Slide Show (June)
- 5th Grade Celebration (June)